African bean dip
Treat your friends with this delicious and healthy
dip at your next party.
2 cans white beans (cannellini or great northern),
drained & rinsed
¼ cup olive oil
½ onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ground oregano
dash of Cayenne pepper
½ cup vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
1) In medium sauce pan, add olive oil and cook onion
on medium-high heat for about 5 – 8 minutes.
2) Add garlic and sauté a couple more minutes.
3) Add vegetable stock and other seasonings and stir.
4) Put about ½ the beans in a blender and add half of the stock
mixture. Blend. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
5) Pour into a bowl and stir in remaining olive oil. Serve with good bread,
crackers or tortilla chips.
Serve at room temperature.
Return to Top
Send an E-mail
to get added to the Vegetarian Light weekly email!