When you want to bake a special treat for yourself
or someone special, make these delicious dumplings.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
4-5 apples (Granny Smith or other not too sweet variety)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 tbsp. butter or butter substitute.
1 tsp. cornstarch (heaping)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1) Peel and slice apples.
2) Place apples in a sauce pan and cover with water. Add cornstarch in
separate bowl with a little water and then add this to the water you are
cooking the apples in. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Cook
3) Cut pastry dough into triangles large enough to hold 2 tbsp. of apple
4) Add tiny chunk of butter and 1 ½ to 2 tbsp. of apple mixture
to each package (just the apples, not the sauce). Fold dough around apples
and pinch closed.
5) Place dumplings in a greased baking dish and pour the sauce that remained
after cooking the apples around the dumplings.
6) Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes until browned to your liking.
Return to Top
Send an E-mail
to get added to the Vegetarian Light weekly email!