Try this gnocchi recipe with your favorite sauce.
1 ½ lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup flour
1 organic egg or 3 tbsp. egg whites
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1) Place prepared potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring
to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain. Return potatoes to the pan.
2) Over low heat, stir the potatoes for 1-2 minutes or until steam has
evaporated. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a small bowl
and cool slightly.
3) Using a fork, make a well in the potato mixture. Sprinkle with flour.
Whisk the egg, salt & pepper together and pour into the well. Stir
4) On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough.
5) Divide the dough into 4 portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion
into ½ in thick “ropes.” Cut into ¾ inch pieces.
Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
6) In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi in batches
for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Keep
7) Serve with your favorite sauce.
Return to Top