This dish is also delicious with homemade crepes,
instead of manicotti shells. It is delicious with the store bought manicotti
shells too though, and easier to make, of course.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
12 manicotti shells
2 15 oz. containers of low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. fresh parsley (dried is ok)
1 organic free range egg, whisked or 3 tbsp. egg whites
½ cup grated reduced fat parmesan cheese
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (or about 3 cups homemade)
2 tsp. fresh basil (dried is ok)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1) In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parsley and egg. Blend
2) In a medium sized bowl, add the marinara sauce, olive oil and basil
3) Cook manicotti shells one or two minutes less than package directions.
4) Spread about ¾ cup of the sauce into a large rectangular baking
5) Take each cooked manicotti shell, and stuff it with the ricotta, parsley,
egg mixture. Place each stuffed manicotti shell side by side in the baking
dish. Fill the dish with manicotti.
6) Top the the dish with the remaining sauce. Add mozzarella and parmesan
7) Cover with Reynolds wrap and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove Reynolds
wrap and bake uncovered about another 20 minutes.
Feeds 5 or 6.
Return to Top