Pasta with Mushrooms and Veggie Sausage
The sherry gives this dish a savory but light flavor.
1 tbsp. Smart Balance (butter substitute)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced thin or chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced thin
2 vegetarian Italian sausages, cut into slices
1 can (14.5 oz.) Hunt’s diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup sherry
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1 tbsp. basil
Salt and Pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Grated cheese (optional)
1) In large sauce pan, heat Smart Balance and olive oil over medium-high
heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté several minutes.
2) Add mushrooms and sliced veg Italian sausage.
3) Add sherry and cook for a few minutes to burn off the alcohol.
4) Add tomatoes and spices and simmer for 5 minutes
5) Add cream (or low-fat milk) and let simmer until slightly thicker
6) Top with fresh parsley and/or grated cheese of your choice, if desired.
Return to Top