Risotto with Mushrooms and Spinach
Make this the first night as a main dish. Use
it as a side dish the second night or carry it in your lunch box.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 leek, washed well and sliced (just white and light green parts)
1 cup Arborio rice
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup sliced button mushrooms, wiped clean of all dirt
½ cup other shitake or other mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh baby spinach, washed
Salt & pepper
1) In large saucepan on medium-high heat, add olive
oil, chopped onion and sliced leek. Saute until vegetables are tender
2) Add rice and sauté for a couple of minutes.
3) Reduce heat to medium. Add one cup of the vegetable broth and stir
until absorbed by the rice.
4) Add the second cup of the vegetable broth and stir until absorbed.
5) Add the sliced mushrooms and stir. Then add the final third cup of
broth. Stir until absorbed.
6) Add the baby spinach salt & pepper and stir until spinach wilts.
Ready for serving.
Makes three large servings or six side servings.
Return to Top