Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce
This dish is fabulous for a relaxing Sunday dinner,
but it is so easy to make, it can make a weeknight special too.
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp. dried basil
10-15 leaves fresh basil
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. dried parsley
½ onion, chopped
1 shallot, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
lots of olive oil
about 2/3 cup water
Sprinkle of Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
pasta of your choice (I use spaghetti)
1) Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, add
onion and shallot and sauté until onion translucent. Add all dried
spices and stir. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
2) Add crushed tomatoes, water, and a bit more olive oil (about two tablespoons).
3) While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions.
4) Add fresh basil just before serving.
5) Put pasta into bowls and add as much pasta sauce as you like. Top with
cheese, if desired.
Serves about 5 people or sauce is great left
over. Also freezes well.
Return to Top