Fried eggplant can be used in eggplant parmesan,
as a tasty side dish with any meal, or as an appetizer with a dip.
2 medium-sized eggplants
¾ cup of flour
2 organic eggs, beaten or ½ cup of eggbeaters
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
Salt & pepper, to taste
¼ cup Canola oil
1) Slice eggplant. Slice a larger eggplant in about
1 inch circles. Slice a smaller eggplant length-wise. Leave the skins
2) Mix flour together with all seasonings.
3) Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
4) Dip each slice of eggplant first in the egg mixture and then in the
flour mixture. Do both sides. Place in hot oil.
5) Fry for about 5 minutes until crispy on one side. Flip and cook the
6) Remove to plate with a paper towel on it and allow excess oil to drain
into the paper towel.
7) Serve as desired.
Return to Top
Send an E-mail
to get added to the Vegetarian Light weekly email!