3 medium potatoes, sliced thin
½ cup chopped onion
2 tbsp. butter or butter substitute (Smart Balance)
2 tbsp. flour
1 ¼ cups milk
¼ tsp. pepper
Dash of salt
1) Grease a medium casserole dish and set aside.
2) Heat butter in sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until
tender. Add milk, flour, salt and pepper, and stir over medium heat until
thick and bubbly.
3) Place half of the thinly sliced potatoes in the bottom of the casserole
dish. Cover with ½ of sauce. Repeat for another layer.
4) Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for
5) Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Return to Top
Send an E-mail
to get added to the Vegetarian Light weekly email!