This sauce will impress your date, your guests
or your spouse.
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 shallots, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced or sliced thin
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper (less or more, depending on how spicy you like
2 (14 oz.) cans of whole peeled tomatoes
1 tbsp. oregano
¾ cup vodka
2 tbsp. Smart Balance
½ pint of soy milk or low-fat milk
Salt & pepper
1) Saute first 5 ingredients in large sauce pan for about 5 minutes.
2) Chop the whole tomatoes in the can and add to the pan, along with the
juice. Bring to a boil and add oregano.
3) Add the vodka and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
4) Add the cream or milk and let it bubble just a little. Then add the
butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
5) Serve with your favorite pasta and add shredded parmesan cheese, if
Serves 4 or 2 with leftovers.
Return to Top